Discussion

Win Tickets to the 2016 Green River Festival

To celebrate its 30th year, the Green River Festival in Greenfield, Massachusetts, is welcoming an incredible lineup this July 8 - 10, including Tedeschi Trucks Band, Dawes, Peter Wolf, Shakey Graves, NRBQ, Los Lobos, North Mississippi Allstars, Shovels & Rope, Dustbowl Revival, Birds of Chicago, the Suffers, Charles Neville, Margo Price, Amy Helm & the Handsome Strangers, Dustbowl Revival, and so much more. It's such an impressive lineup, The New York Times called it "One of the 50 Essential Summer Music Festivals." 

A full lineup can be found here

We've teamed up with the fine folks who run the festival to give away a pair of tickets for the whole weekend, a T-shirt, and a copy of the book, Taking Flight: The Green River Festival 1986-2016

To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this thread telling us why you want to go to year's festival. Entries posted on social media or emailed will not count toward the contest. Travel and lodging are not included in the prize. 

You have until 6 p.m. PT on Monday, June 13, to enter. One winner will be chosen after that time. Good luck!

This is an incredible lineup, and I haven't been to a real music festival in years! This would be a great experience for my wife and myself after a long bout of very long work hours.

I would love to go so I can write about the shows and submit my articles/reviews to No Depression!

Because I'm an old man and I need one more chance to be totally frustrated trying to decide whom I shall see and whom I shall miss.

Massachusetts in July is lovely!

I need a tee shirt.

It has been 2 years now since I have made to a music festival. I have spent no time on the east coast north of Georgia, except for coming into the very edge of South Carolina through the Smokey Mountains. I have therefore also never been to the Green River Music festival either. This opportunity would open up my world to a fleet of firsts and set me back on the right musical path.

Would like to win these tickets to introduce my Girlfrind to Amy Helm, whom I love to watch perform and to witness Shovels and Rope live. 

I would so love to attend. I grew up near Greenfield and learned to drink Mateus there at Poet's Seat. Thanks for considering me!!

I live a short drive from Greenfield, and would love to attend this festival! I haven't been to a music festival in a few years, and this one looks incredible. I will write all about it for ND. Thanks!

I would love to see the best Roots Music People around today in a Beautiful setting like Greenfield, Massachusetts - Pretty Simple !

Volunteered in 2013 & 2014 was out-of-state 2015 would attend if had transportation HIGHLY RECOMMEND going